A Plein Air Painting Weekend with Jeff Yeomans
Cost: SOLD OUT
Thursday–Sunday, September 26-29, 2019
To add your name to the waitlist, contact Ellen Parry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeff Yeomans’ paintings are a visual journal of light, color, and form, exploring the fragile beauty of California and the connected urban landscape that ultimately impacts it. He is a California native and a true colorist, using dynamic, loose brush marks to vividly capture a scene.
For this workshop, Jeff will demonstrate a hybrid method of plein air and studio painting, suited to all levels of experience. We will use photos for a practice session, then use our cameras to frame a composition, learn to simplify shapes, and use a limited palette to achieve simplicity and color harmonies in our paintings.
See our sample itinerary page for instructor-led event details.
Cost includes: *Professional workshop instruction, 3 nights lodging and 8 meals at Rancho La Bellota, horseback riding, all transportation in Mexico, and winery tour in Valle de Guadalupe. Optional wine purchases are paid on your own. Workshop size is limited to provide individual attention and instruction.
- Thursday 3:30 pm – Carpool from La Mesa, meet at U.S.–Tecate border.
- Sunday 4:00 pm – Return to U.S.–Tecate border.
- Cost: SOLD OUT
- Instructor: Jeff Yeomans
- Instruction Type: Oil Painting
- Instruction Level: Open to all
- Materials: Beginner art materials are available at the Ranch at cost, experienced artists should bring their preferred medium.